DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Data collectively all information that you submit to Adjustable Bed factory via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Adjustable Bed Factory is a trading name of Asley Anderson Ltd , a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 4538102 whose registered office is at Westgate Chambers, 8A Elm Park Road, Pinner HA5 3LA
UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Cookie Law Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Ashley Anderson Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Ashley Anderson Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.adjustablebedfactory.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Calls to our freephone or head office number may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
OUR USE OF DATA
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Adjustable Bed Factory is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 36 months. When you purchase a product your data will be stored for the length of product warranty. You have the right to be removed from our mailing list or database at any time. See below for further details.
- Data Profiling- We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products / services
- Transmission by email or post of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- We use MailChimp to collect, store and send emails. MailChimp is a service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA. The data stored when you registered for the newsletter (email address, name, IP address, and time and date of registration) will be sent to a server operated by The Rocket Science Group in the United States and stored there in accordance with its Safe Harbour Agreement. Further information about the data protection offered by MailChimp can be found at: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. You may cancel your newsletter subscription at any time. For instructions to take this step please refer to the bottom of our emails. MailChimp obligates itself to protect the data of our users and in particular to not hand over any data to third parties. Further information about the data protection offered by MailChimp can be found at: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CONTROLLING USE OF YOUR DATA
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following: 1. Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and 2.sharing Data with third parties.
FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE
Your Rights Over Your Information
Right to Access Your Personal Information You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed.We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Right to Correction Your Personal Information If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Right to Stop Or Limit Our Processing Of Your data You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
For more information about your privacy rights The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can access them here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/. You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by (where such Data is held). You can also be removed from our database and mailing list at anytime. Requests should be made in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data security is of great importance to and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the Internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files, which are stored on your computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to your website visit on our site.
Cookies help to improve your visit to our website by helping with the following:
- Remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- Remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer and we do not store personally identifiable information in cookies we use on this website.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with UK legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
Please be assured that we’re working on a number of other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website.
The cookies we use
Measuring website usage – Google Analytics
Other 3rd Party Cookies we may use
When you visit our website, you may notice some cookies that are collecting information for other websites. For example, if you visit a page that has video content, cookies from YouTube may be served. We do not control the setting of these cookies and we recommend you visit the third party websites for more information.
Please find a list of some third party cookies you may find present on this website and links to their specific cookie information:
How do I Control or Delete Cookies?
If cookies are not enabled on your computer is could mean that your experience with our website will be impacted. However, if you want to control or delete cookies you can do so.
Information on deleting cookies or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutCookies.org. To reiterate though, by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
3rd party vendor remarketing tracking cookies (like the Google Adwords & Facebook pixel tracking cookie) are used by Ashley Anderson Ltd Limited.
Remarketing through the use remarketing tracking cookies or pixels enables us to show ads across the internet to you after you have visited our website.
We do not collect any identifiable information through the use of Google, Facebook or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
The third-party vendors, such as Google and Facebook, whose services we use, will place cookies on web browsers in order to serve ads based on past visits to our website. This allows us to make special offers and continue to market our services to those who have shown interest in our services.
If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt through the links below.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.